If you want to reach a young demographic in your real estate business, YouTube is a platform you must become familiar with and use regularly. YouTube is the world’s second largest search engine and receives the most traffic of any website after Google and Facebook. Additionally,
- More than 1 billion hours of YouTube videos are watched every single day
- The average mobile session on YouTube is longer than 40 minutes
- Six out of 10 people prefer online video platforms to live TV
- In the average month, 8 out of 10 18 to 49-year-olds watch YouTube videos
So How Do I Begin My Own Channel?
Starting a YouTube channel is simple but for you to receive any leads or receive a profit from it, you must be willing to put in the time and effort. Here are several steps you must take to begin a successful YouTube channel as a real estate agent.
1. You Determine Your Why
Why do you want to begin your own channel? Is it to market your agency? Do you want to appear as an expert in the real estate industry? Do you want to increase your conversion rate? Whatever your reason may be, keep this in mind as you create content and publish to your channel. Additionally, keep in mind your audience and who you are creating this channel for. If you create videos that do not entice or offer any value to your target demographics, you will receive very little from it.
2. Set Up Your Channel
Setting up your YouTube channel is extremely easy and can be done in a matter of minutes.
- Sign in to YouTube by creating your own account or using your current one.
- On the left-hand side of the homepage, click on your settings.
- Within your settings, click “Create a new channel.”
- You will then be asked to name your channel or provide a brand account name. Think through this information carefully to ensure you choose a name that is catchy and easy for your audience to find.
- You will then be asked to fill in information about your channel profile — a description and links to websites and social media, etc. You may want to have this written out to ensure it gives off the best impression right away. You can also add your own banner image and personalize the page.
- Get to Work!
Things to Remember When Capturing and Editing Your videos
Your account is now all ready for you to upload videos. But before you begin uploading, consider the following first:
Make sure you use the right equipment. Poor audio and visuals will not keep the attention of your audience and will push them away. Consider purchasing a good microphone and lights if needed. You should also consider high-quality editing equipment that can help you customize the videos by adding titles, enhancing the audio and visuals, including music, etc.
Have a plan in mind before filming your videos. What are you going to say? What is the call-to-action for the videos? Will you conduct interviews or other individuals in these videos? While you can always edit your content, the better prepared you are beforehand, the higher-quality of content you will produce.
Add variety. You don’t want to only post videos of home tours on your channel. Rather, include live testimonials, business reviews, how-to segments, Q&A segments, etc. The more variety you add, the easier it is to capture the attention of your audience.
When Uploading Your YouTube Videos …
Take your time when you upload your videos to your YouTube channel. You will have the opportunity to add a title, tags, and descriptions of the content. Use keywords in these descriptions and titles to help your videos become more easily found on the search engines.
Also, post regularly. You don’t want to go several months without posting any type of content on your channel. Determine a publishing schedule that works for you and stick to it. Remember that you can use these videos on your website, social media channels, in your newsletters, etc.
While establishing a YouTube channel itself takes very little time, the more effort you put into the creation of your content, the more success you will receive.